Abstract
SELF-MEDICATION PRACTICES FOR DENTAL PAIN IN THE GENERAL POPULATION OF PAKISTAN

Dr. Anmol Zahoor*, Dr. Humera Gohar, Dr. Sara Khan, Dr. Ayesha Karim, Dr. Akkasha Niazi and Hawwa Zahoor

ABSTRACT

Self-medication is the term used to define the usage and administration of drugs and medication according to one’s own diagnosis and not by the prescription of a medical professional. It is commonly practiced since a long period of time, particularly due to the reason of it being cheaper and more convenient for the subject. A major reason the practice of self-medication is increasing is due the increased accessibility and availability of drugs and medications at pharmacies and medical stores. Antibiotic medications are one of the most renowned and commonly used drugs and have also been found to be to most consumed drug in self-medication. This research was conducted to study the practice of self-medication in dental pain amongst the general population of Pakistan and determine the level of knowledge of the people. 58 (77.3%) of the participants had suffered from a toothache during their lifetime while the remaining 17 (22.7%) did not. Out of those 58 people, 29 (50%) would always seek medical attention while 18 (31%) would not. Our study showed a high prevalence of self-medication in Pakistan. The most common medication taken was paracetamol which is a good analgesic. Health care facilities should be made easily accessible and available to all and that too at affordable rates in order to reduce the practice of self-medication.

Keywords: Dentistry, Self-Medication, Prescription drugs, Oral health, Toothache, Pain.


[Full Text Article]

Login





Forgot Password  |  Register

Indexing

Best Paper Awards

European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (EJBPS) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.

Best Article of current issue :

Tangudu Nagabhusana Rao

Download Article : Click here

News & Updation

  • EJBPS: MARCH ISSUE PUBLISHED

    MARCH 2021 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 March 2021.

  • EJBPS New Impact Factor

    Its our Pleasure to Inform you that EJBPS Impact Factor has been increased from 5.467 to 6.044, due to high quality Publication at International Level.

  • Index Copernicus Value

    EJBPS Received Index Copernicus Value 77.3, due to High Quality Publication in EJBPS at International Level

  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.

    .

  • Article Invited for Publication

    Dear Researcher, Article Invited for Publication  in EJBPS coming Issue.

     

UG/PG/Ph.D Research Publication

Research Scholar of UG/PG/Ph.D can Submit their Research Article/Review Article/Case Study/Short Communication for Publication in EJBPS

Downloads

Copyright From

Covering Letter

                        Author Instruction 
 

PLAGERLUM REPORT