Abstract
EVALUATION OF SERVICE QUALITY IN COMMUNITY PHARMACIES IN PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA

Bagbi B. M.* and Alagala M. B.

ABSTRACT

Community Pharmacies play a vital role in bringing healthcare much closer to patients. The pharmacist can serve as the first and last link in the healthcare provision chain so there is need to ensure good quality pharmacy practice is routinely carried out. The community Pharmacist therefore has an obligation to deliver quality service to the community. The aim of the study is to evaluate the quality of pharmaceutical services rendered in the Community Pharmacies with focus on the drug product and patients in relation to pharmaceutical care philosophy. Questionnaires were given to both patients and pharmacists in 173 community pharmacies choosing appropriate process, structure and outcome indicators. The study showed that all 173 pharmacists have personal encounters with patients so as to interact and establish a relationship with them in order to promote the safe and effective use of medications and to maximize therapeutic outcomes and these are critical components of pharmaceutical care. Of the 173 pharmacies used for the study, 70.2% pharmacies have functional facilities for proper drug storage. The remaining 29.8% have their storage facilities at different sub optimal levels of functionality. The study shows that there are appropriate structures and processes put in place in community pharmacies in Port Harcourt which aids quality service delivery and provision of pharmaceutical care however, not all have written Guidelines supportive of this new philosophy of pharmacy practice.

Keywords: Pharmacist, Quality service, Pharmaceutical care.


[Full Text Article]

Login





Forgot Password  |  Register

Indexing

Best Paper Awards

European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (EJBPS) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.

Best Article of current issue :

Dr. Dhrubo Jyoti Sen

Download Article : Click here

News & Updation

  • EJBPS: NOVEMBER ISSUE PUBLISHED

    NOVEMBER 2022 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 NOVEMBER 2022.

  • EJBPS New Impact Factor

    Its our Pleasure to Inform you that EJBPS Impact Factor has been increased from 5.467 to 6.044, due to high quality Publication at International Level.

  • Index Copernicus Value

    EJBPS Received Index Copernicus Value 77.3, due to High Quality Publication in EJBPS at International Level

  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.

    .

  • Article Invited for Publication

    Dear Researcher, Article Invited for Publication  in EJBPS coming Issue.

     

UG/PG/Ph.D Research Publication

Research Scholar of UG/PG/Ph.D can Submit their Research Article/Review Article/Case Study/Short Communication for Publication in EJBPS

Downloads

Copyright From

Covering Letter

                        Author Instruction 
 

PLAGERLUM REPORT