Abstract
A RECENT ADVANCEMENT AND TREATMENT OVERVIEW OF DEPRESSION

Subhanshu Katiyar*, Deepak Shukla and Ashish Srivastava

ABSTRACT

Depression and depressive symptoms are common mental disorders that have a considerable effect on patients’ health-related quality of life and satisfaction with medical care, but the prevalence of these conditions varies substantially between published studies. The purpose of this research is to carry out a comprehensive review and meta-analysis so that an accurate estimate of the number of outpatients suffering from depression or depressed symptoms may be obtained across a variety of clinical subspecialties. This review Mainly focus at the research on desvenlafaxine's usage in MDD therapy. In adults, desvenlafaxine was a successful antidepressant with good safety and tolerability. The subset of peri- and postmenopausal women with MDD showed efficacy, but not children and adolescents. Due to its metabolic nature, there is a relatively minimal risk for drug-drug interactions. While severe renal failure necessitates certain dose changes, hepatic impairment does not dramatically change dosage needs. Patients with concomitant physical ailments may benefit from desvenlafaxine. When treating MDD clients without other medical comorbidities, desvenlafaxine may be a first option. Despite the fact that these hit molecules are readily available, around 30% of depressive patients do not react to the current pharmacological regimens, and the remaining 70% do not have a full remission. Antidepressants can have a wide range of adverse effects including drug-drug and drug-food interactions. To develop more effective and secure medications to treat serious depression, various ways are being tested in this situation. One such chemical that has shown encouraging effectiveness in several animal models of severe depression is curcumin. Curcumin's antidepressant effect is thought to work by blocking the monoamine oxidase enzyme and controlling the release of serotonin and dopamine, while the exact mechanism of action is still unclear. This review examines the pharmacology and molecular mechanisms of curcumin's antidepressant impact in animal models of depression. Curcumin's antidepressant effectiveness and safety require clinical testing.

Keywords: MDD (Major depressive disorder).


[Full Text Article]

Login





Forgot Password  |  Register

Indexing

Best Paper Awards

European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (EJBPS) will give best paper award in every issue in the form of money along with certificate to promote research activity of scholar.

Best Article of current issue :

Dr. Dhrubo Jyoti Sen

Download Article : Click here

News & Updation

  • EJBPS: NOVEMBER ISSUE PUBLISHED

    NOVEMBER 2022 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 NOVEMBER 2022.

  • EJBPS New Impact Factor

    Its our Pleasure to Inform you that EJBPS Impact Factor has been increased from 5.467 to 6.044, due to high quality Publication at International Level.

  • Index Copernicus Value

    EJBPS Received Index Copernicus Value 77.3, due to High Quality Publication in EJBPS at International Level

  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.

    .

  • Article Invited for Publication

    Dear Researcher, Article Invited for Publication  in EJBPS coming Issue.

     

UG/PG/Ph.D Research Publication

Research Scholar of UG/PG/Ph.D can Submit their Research Article/Review Article/Case Study/Short Communication for Publication in EJBPS

Downloads

Copyright From

Covering Letter

                        Author Instruction 
 

PLAGERLUM REPORT